Happy 13th to Reading Frenzy!
August 05, 2007: Dear Readers,
As many of you know, we are gearing up for what's turning out to be a roughly annual fundraiser for Reading Frenzy. Last year's event featured Quasi, Viva Voce, and Scuffle & Dustcough at Holocene. This year's will be a big book and zine sale on September 1st, on the occasion of our Lucky 13th Anniversary!
If you appreciate our efforts, then please consider donating your used books, comics, zines and other printed material to the cause. If you're an author, editor and/or publisher and would like to pitch in a few new items (or hurts or overstocks), that's great too! Xtra-Fancy stuff will go up for auction. This is a small, relatively painless way, for a lot of folks to make a cumulatively big contribution towards keeping our good thing going.
You can drop off your donations, any time during business hours (Mon-Sat: 11-7, Sun 12-6) or ship them to: Reading Frenzy, 921 SW Oak Street, Portland, OR 97205. We will be accepting donations through August 31st.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please spread the word! Thanks in advance for your support!
Your Faithful Proprietress,
P.S. We are looking for:
- Books, all subjects
- Children's books
- Comics and graphic novels
- Zines, pamphlets, broadsides
- Magazines, alternative/independent, vintage
- Paper ephemera, posters, prints, mail art materials, rubber stamps
- Reading accoutrements: magnifying glasses, reading glasses, book ends, book stands, bookmarks, pipes, slippers, footstools, small lamps
- Blank journals
We are not looking for:
- Outdated textbooks (unless they are vintage and illustrated)
- Old encyclopedia sets (unless they are vintage, illustrated kid's sets)
- Adult series westerns or romances
- Most mainstream glossy magazines
- Most newspapers and freebies
- Original software users manuals